Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by crisfromnova <cr...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/08 16:32:35 UTC

How to identify the field with highest score in dismax

Hi,

According solr documentation the dismax score is calculating after the
formula :
(score of matching clause with the highest score) + ( (tie paramenter) *
(scores of any other matching clauses) ).

Is there a way to identify the field on which the matching clause score is
the highest?

For example I suppose that I have the following document :

<doc>
  <str name="Name">Ford Mustang Coupe Cabrio</str>
  <str name="Details">Ford Mustang is a great car</str>
</doc>

and the following dismax query :

defType=dismax&qf=Name^10+Details^1&q="Ford+Mustang"+Ford+Mustang

and receive the document with the score : 5.6.
Is there a way to find out if the score is for the matching on Name field or
for the matching on Details field?

Thanks in advance!

Re: How to identify the field with highest score in dismax

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
Hello,

Have you tried to specify debugQuery=on and look into explain section?
Though it's not really performant, but anyway I propose to start from it.

Regards

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 7:32 PM, crisfromnova <cr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> According solr documentation the dismax score is calculating after the
> formula :
> (score of matching clause with the highest score) + ( (tie paramenter) *
> (scores of any other matching clauses) ).
>
> Is there a way to identify the field on which the matching clause score is
> the highest?
>
> For example I suppose that I have the following document :
>
> <doc>
>  <str name="Name">Ford Mustang Coupe Cabrio</str>
>  <str name="Details">Ford Mustang is a great car</str>
> </doc>
>
> and the following dismax query :
>
> defType=dismax&qf=Name^10+Details^1&q="Ford+Mustang"+Ford+Mustang
>
> and receive the document with the score : 5.6.
> Is there a way to find out if the score is for the matching on Name field
> or
> for the matching on Details field?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Sincerely yours