Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2011/09/26 09:41:11 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "ZooKeeper/Tutorial" by VladimirTretyakov

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The "ZooKeeper/Tutorial" page has been changed by VladimirTretyakov:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/Tutorial?action=diff&rev1=5&rev2=6

              mutex.notify();
          }
      }
+ }
  }}}
  Both classes extend !SyncPrimitive. In this way, we execute steps that are common to all primitives in the constructor of !SyncPrimitive. To keep the examples simple, we create a !ZooKeeper object the first time we instantiate either a barrier object or a queue object, and we declare a static variable that is a reference to this object. The subsequent instances of Barrier and Queue check whether a !ZooKeeper object exists. Alternatively, we could have the application creating a !ZooKeeper object and passing it to the constructor of Barrier and Queue.