Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru> on 2008/10/27 09:22:31 UTC

OOXML and Maven dependencies

Hi All,

An important task to complete before 3.5-FINAL is to make sure that the ooxml dependencies are available on the central
Maven repository.

There are two jars to worry about:

(1)  ooxml-schemas.jar
This jar contains XmlBeans generated from the Ecma supplied xsds downloaded from:
     http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/files/ECMA-ST/Office%20Open%20XML%20Part%204%20(DOCX).zip

We have a set of ant tasks to download the xsds and build them into the jar: check-ooxml-xsds, fetch-ooxml-xsds and
compile-ooxml-xsds.

I don't see why we shouldn't keep the generated jar under GroupId "org.apache.poi". I went ahead and produced the
artifacts. The groupId is "org.apache.poi", artifactId is "ooxml-schemas", version is "1.0".

The artifacts are available for review at
   http://people.apache.org/~yegor/maven-ooxml-dependencies/org.apache.poi/

(2) OpenXml4J

Eventually OpenXml4J will be a part of POI but for now it's a 3rd party jar. Currently it is not in the Maven
repository, so I did the job and prepared the artifacts for openxml4j-bin-beta-080728.jar, the jar we are currently using.

The groupId is "org.openxml4j", artifactId is "openxml4j", version is "1.0-beta"

The artifacts are available for review at
   http://people.apache.org/~yegor/maven-ooxml-dependencies/org.openxml4j/

The artifacts for both (1) and (2) are available for review till Friday, October 31. Then I'm going to upload them in
the repository. Please review if you are interested in it.

Yegor

Re: OOXML and Maven dependencies

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
I replied in JIRA.

Yegor

Posted by Paolo Mottadelli <p....@sourcesense.com>.
Hi,

Paolo Mottadelli: http://www.paolomottadelli.com

Re: OOXML and Maven dependencies

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
> (If you're not already an openxml4j sf maintainer, shout and I'll add
> you, so you have the permissions to do that stuff)

Do please. If I upload the distribution bundle via JIRA, I will have to prove that my name is on the project dev list.

Yegor

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.