Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by SyncopeDev <sy...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/31 09:56:57 UTC

Attribute "cool" and "makeItDouble" in Schemas part

Hi,

Is there a functionnal description of each attributes of the syncope's
schema ?
I mean, what is the goal of the "cool" and "makeItDouble" attributes ?
They are in the "Normal" Tab, I imagine there aims is not only for an
example ?
Maybe, it could be a nice evolution to add the description of attributes
in the console app ?

Regards

Re: Attribute "cool" and "makeItDouble" in Schemas part

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 31/05/2014 09:56, SyncopeDev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a functionnal description of each attributes of the syncope's
> schema ?
> I mean, what is the goal of the "cool" and "makeItDouble" attributes ?
> They are in the "Normal" Tab, I imagine there aims is not only for an
> example ?
> Maybe, it could be a nice evolution to add the description of
> attributes in the console app ?

Hi,
the whole set of attribute schema (normal, derived, virtual - for users,
roles and membeships) is *completely* configurable for any deployment.
When you deploy Syncope for real use cases [1] in fact, there are barely
no schema defined.

The schema you are talking about are the ones used for integration tests
and also available by default in embedded mode [2] and stand-alone
distribution [3]; there is no particular rationale behind them, they are
just part of a sample data set.

A brief introduction can be found at [4].

Hope this clarifies.
Regards.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Run+Syncope+in+real+environments