Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Simpson, Jeff" <js...@EZPRICING.com> on 2000/08/01 14:57:34 UTC

Faults

Do I have this right?  If I have my method throw a SOAPException it will be
turned into a Soap Fault.  If that is true is there anyway to include
detail?  I can just return an element and make up my own fault.  Or I can
extend the SOAPException to include optional detail information and then
make a parser for it.  I like the second way, do you all think it should be
part of the SOAPException?  I was thinking allowing the inclusion of an
Element in the SoapException that would then be parsed into details if it
was there.

Jeffrey V. Simpson
Senior Software Engineer
http://www.ezpricing.com/