Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Neil B. Cohen" <nc...@verisign.com> on 2007/10/03 18:13:51 UTC

Getting started with Hibernate and Wicket

I'm trying to learn both Hibernate and Wicket at the same time, and I
could use a couple of pointers...

I have managed to take the Wicket 'signin' example and added a tiny
Hibernate database which I can access to extract a 'User' object to
validate the user's name and password. That works fine...

But now I would like to be able to pull a list of objects (Users) out of
the database and display them in a table on a new page (with columns
like 'userName, 'emailAddr', 'Role' etc. etc.) I think I can get the
list of data from the database using Hibernate (although I'm not sure
the best way to manage a table if it has thousands of rows, which mine
will eventually have...) But I'm not sure how to set up the Wicket page
to display that data. Can someone point me at some simple table examples
that would do that??

thanks very much,

nbc

Re: Getting started with Hibernate and Wicket

Posted by Landry Soules <la...@gmail.com>.
You will find good examples here :

http://www.wicketstuff.org/wicket13/repeater/

and

http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/reading-from-a-database.html

Posted by Tauren Mills <ta...@tauren.com>.
Wicketstuff Phonebook is a good starting place for
wicket/spring/hibernate integration:
http://wicketstuff.org/confluence/display/STUFFWIKI/wicket-phonebook

Re: Dumb question about page transfer

Posted by "Neil B. Cohen" <nc...@verisign.com>.
Igor Vaynberg wrote:
> onsubmit() {
>  setresponsepage(MyPage.class);
>  or
>   setresponsepage(new MyPage(...));
> }
>
> -igor

Thanks for the quick response...

Much obliged,

nbc

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
onsubmit() {

Posted by Nick Heudecker <nh...@gmail.com>.
You're looking for the setResponsePage(...) methods.

On 10/3/07, Neil B. Cohen <nc...@verisign.com> wrote:

> Ok - I'm feeling kind of stupid at the moment, but I'm missing something
> basic here...
>
> I have a Wicket web page displayed with a button on it. When I click the
> button, the onSubmit routine fires
> and my java code logs a message so I know it is working. But from there,
> I want to transfer to another
> page, and I don't see how to specify that. I'm sure I'm looking at the
> forest and missing the tree, but I'd appreciate it if someone would aim
> me in the right direction...
>
> thanks,
>
> nbc

Nick Heudecker
Professional Wicket Training & Consulting
http://www.systemmobile.com

Eventful - Intelligent Event Management
http://www.eventfulhq.com

Dumb question about page transfer