Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@ispsoft.de> on 2004/01/08 11:48:25 UTC

Marriage of Betwixt and Jaxme: Is it possible?

Hi,

as I am about to write a first version of a JaxMe schema reader taking beans
as input I am sure that I would rewrite lots of code from Betwixt. In
particular I am sure, that I would rewrite code that inspects the beans
and assigns guidelines like "this element wants its properties as
attributes" or "this property is called foo, but in XML we want it
as bar".

My question is, whether it is possible or can be made possible to make
Betwixt create an XML Schema. That would enable us to have a pipeline
Betwixt -> JaxMe which finally creates JAXB compliant Java sources using
the original beans. If so, please advice me as a Betwixt novice how to
get at least a very simple bean converted into XML Schema.

Jochen