Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org> on 2020/03/17 21:40:53 UTC

[VOTE] AIP-15: Support Multiple-Schedulers for HA & Better Scheduling Performance

Hi all,

This email calls for a vote on the design proposed in AIP-15, found here

  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=103092651

A few notes

- The proposed architecture is to use an active/active architecture
  where each scheduler is fully capable
- Nothing in this proposal locks us in to this design long term, and if
  we find it doesn't work or scale we can change it.
- Lock contention doesn't worry me, as we (plan to) skip locked rows,
  meaning that when one scheduler has a DAG locked it will be skipped
  over by other schedulers

This vote will last for 72 hours until 2020-03-20T21:40Z, and until at
least 3 votes have been cast.

This is my +1 vote.

Thanks,
Ash

[RESULT] [VOTE] AIP-15: Support Multiple-Schedulers for HA & Better Scheduling Performance

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org>.
This vote has passed with 5 +1 votes and no -1 votes.

Work will begin on this soon :)

-ash

Re: [VOTE] AIP-15: Support Multiple-Schedulers for HA & Better Scheduling Performance

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.
+1 (binding)