Posted to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2012/11/14 09:12:15 UTC

XMP: new incubator project to be proposed soon

Almost forgot: At ApacheCon Jörg Ehrlich from Adobe presented the idea
of proposing a new incubator proposal for an XMP implementation. Yes,
yet another XMP library and that would make the fourth inside Apache.
Andreas Lehmkühler (from PDFBox) and I have talked to Jörg about it
since we were both surprised about it. Apparently, Adobe's ideas about
the XMP implementation go much further than ours and Adobe's former
Java-based implementation. Apparently, they will want to invest
considerable resources in that project. So, it will be important for the
XML Graphics and PDFBox projects to keep an eye on this when they make
the formal proposal in the Incubator. I've asked Jörg to keep all of us
in the loop once this is through Adobe's legal department. Just keep
that in mind in case anyone is working on our XMP code.

Jeremias Maerki