Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Xiaohua Chen <xi...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/15 21:47:11 UTC

how to setup Kerberozed Hadoop ?

Hi experts:

I am new to Hadoop. We want to setup a Kerberozed hadoop for testing.

Can you share any guide lines or instructions on how to setup a
Kerberozed hadoop env ?

Thanks.

Sophia

Re: how to setup Kerberozed Hadoop ?

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Once you read the the docs and get a base understanding.. here is my recipe
you can try for a maintainable , easy to manage setup.

- Puppet-IPA (puppet recipe for FreeIPA for setting up kerberos realms and
users)
- then layer in apache bigtop's puppet hadoop modules (for installation and
setup of the hadoop cluster)
- then do the glue necessary to kerberize existing, running hadoop services
(free ipa will set up the kerberos realm for you, add users, and so on -
all you have to do is add the kerberos security info into the core-site.xml)

--
jay vyas

Re: how to setup Kerberozed Hadoop ?

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.