Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by srinivasraghavansr71 <sr...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/13 05:16:33 UTC

Contribution

Hi everyone,
                 I am interest to contribute new algorithms and optimize
existing algorithms in the area of graph algorithms and machine learning.
Please give me some ideas where to start. Is it possible for me to introduce
the notion of neural network in the apache spark

Re: Contribution

Posted by Joseph Bradley <jo...@databricks.com>.
+1 for checking out the Wiki on Contributing to Spark.  It gives helpful
pointers about finding starter JIRAs, the discussion & code review process,
and how we prioritize algorithms & other contributions.  After you read
that, I would recommend searching JIRA for issues which catch your interest.
Thanks!
Joseph

Re: Contribution

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.

RE: Contribution

Posted by Eron Wright <ew...@live.com>.
The deeplearning4j project provides neural net algorithms for Spark ML.   You may consider it sample code for extending Spark with new ML algorithms.

http://deeplearning4j.org/sparkmlhttps://github.com/deeplearning4j/deeplearning4j/tree/master/deeplearning4j-scaleout/spark/dl4j-spark-ml
-Eron