Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Derek Smith <sm...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/17 23:53:35 UTC

How to use cookies with Tapestry?

Hello all,
   I'm relatively new to web programming (I'm more
familiar with Swing) and I'm using Tapestry to build
several small applications. I've learned a lot from
online examples and Tapestry In Action but, I haven't
seen a simple tutorial for how to use Cookies. Does
anyone have one or an example? I'd like to write a
value (like an int or an object) to the cookie and
then retrieve it later.

If anyone knows Howard Lewis Ship, please tell him
that I love TIJ but an example with cookies would be
helpful

Thanks,
Derek

Re: How to use cookies with Tapestry?

Posted by Bryan Lewis <br...@maine.rr.com>.
Look at RequestContext's methods addCookie(), getCookie() and
getCookieValue().  You can get the RequestContext from the RequestCycle.