Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Calle Svedenborg <ca...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/31 09:40:27 UTC

Connection issues with Windows Server 2016 Essentials

Hi!

I'm running Guacamole 0.9.9 successfully with both a Windows Server 2012 R2
and an Ubuntu server. Now I've added a Server 2016 Essentials machine,
which does not connect. I use the same settings as on 2012 on both client
and server side, essentially not using NLA (which never worked).

The output of syslog is as follows:

guacd[10134]: Protocol "rdp" selected
guacd[10134]: Connection ID is ###
guacd[10134]: Security mode: RDP
guacd[10134]: Loading keymap "base"
guacd[10134]: Loading keymap "sv-se-qwerty"
guacd[10134]: Error connecting to RDP server
guacd[10134]: Connection did not succeed

I'm starting to wonder if there is a new security 'feature' in Server 2016
that is kicking in...

Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

/Calle

Re: Connection issues with Windows Server 2016 Essentials

Posted by Maxime De Cuypere <je...@gmail.com>.
Yes it totally is. You have to specify security parameter to any, tls or
nla, no cert if needed and explicit username and password. Only way I got
it working, even with lowered security settings. Hope I helped

AW: Connection issues with Windows Server 2016 Essentials

Posted by Christian Kraus <ch...@ckc-it.at>.
I got it work only with tls as security setting

rg christian

Christian Kraus
Inhaber
CKC IT Consulting & Solutions e.U.