Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jose <jd...@gmx.de> on 2007/02/06 11:33:59 UTC

FOP Servlet-Redirect OR missing xsl- and xml-file

Hello,
I´m using
 - FopServlet.java, $Id: FopServlet.java 426576 2006-07-28 15:44:37Z jeremias $
 - IIS 6
 - Tomcat 5.5

On IIS I have www.flyer-factory.de running.
I´d like to leave my xml- and xsl-file also in there.
Also the content for the pdf, e.g. jpg´s.

Problem is that when I call the servlet I get the following error in
stdout.log:
(Location of error unknown)java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files
(x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\layout1.xsl (The system cannot
find the file specified)
[where xxxxx is what I pass through with my php-call ?xslt=layout1.xsl]

As I have db with path-params running and everything is up to date pointing to
e.g.
www.flyer-factory.de/pics
www.flyer-factory.de/xml
www.flyer-factory.de/xsl
I´d like to redirect the servlet to the uri instead of moving everything to
the tomcat-root.

I guess ServletContextURIResolver might be the key, so I tried something like
this.uriResolver = new ServletContextURIResolver("http:/www.flyer-factory.de/")
but it didn´t really work.

So, if someone could pleeease show me the way(s).

wfg and lots of thx!

Re: FOP Servlet-Redirect OR missing xsl- and xml-file

Posted by Jose <jd...@gmx.de>.
I´ve also read something like editing the WEB.XML-file with kind of url-
pattern or something like that.

Or also other redirect-possibilities via an IIS virual-directory pointing to
tomcat/webapps/app ?

Would appreciate if someone could also explain these ways and point out pros
and cons.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
On 06.02.2007 11:33:59 Jose wrote:
> Hello,
> I´m using
>  - FopServlet.java, $Id: FopServlet.java 426576 2006-07-28 15:44:37Z jeremias $
>  - IIS 6
>  - Tomcat 5.5
>
> On IIS I have www.flyer-factory.de running.
> I´d like to leave my xml- and xsl-file also in there.
> Also the content for the pdf, e.g. jpg´s.
>
> Problem is that when I call the servlet I get the following error in
> stdout.log:
> (Location of error unknown)java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files
> (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\layout1.xsl (The system cannot
> find the file specified)
> [where xxxxx is what I pass through with my php-call ?xslt=layout1.xsl]
>
> As I have db with path-params running and everything is up to date pointing to
> e.g.
> www.flyer-factory.de/pics
> www.flyer-factory.de/xml
> www.flyer-factory.de/xsl
> I´d like to redirect the servlet to the uri instead of moving everything to
> the tomcat-root.
>
> I guess ServletContextURIResolver might be the key, so I tried something like
> this.uriResolver = new ServletContextURIResolver("http:/www.flyer-factory.de/")

It should be:
        this.uriResolver = new ServletContextURIResolver(getServletContext());

See http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/fop/servlet/FopServlet.java?view=markup

You can then use URIs like "servlet-content:/pics/mypic.png"

> but it didn´t really work.
>
> So, if someone could pleeease show me the way(s).
>
> wfg and lots of thx!

Jeremias Maerki