Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Hubert Rabago <hr...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/05 15:56:53 UTC

Re: Emulation of the action link being clicked

Anyone?

On 4/28/06, Hubert Rabago <hr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was looking at the sample application in
http://www.jsftutorials.net/interface/jsf-popup.html.

In it, the author has this form:

<h:form id="placeList">
    <h:commandLink id="find" action="showPlace" value=""/>
</h:form>

He has some Javascript that essentially sets the value of the command
link equal to its id before submitting the form:
  form['placeList:find'].value = 'placeList:find';

with a comment that states "This is an emulation of the action link
being clicked."

Where is this fact documented?  I tried looking for it in the spec but
couldn't find it.

thanks,
Hubert

Re: Emulation of the action link being clicked

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
I use another method. Using CSS, I add a hidden link, then using
javascript, I invoke a mouse click event on the link to cause it to
submit. It behaves just as if the user clicked the link. I posted the
code on a past thread.