Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Mike Davis <th...@yahoo.com> on 2003/01/16 22:37:04 UTC

How to add another action to /org/apache/jetspeed/modules/actions/controls

Hi,

     I have created a new action under: /org/apache/jetspeed/modules/actions/controls

called "Nothing".  It basically does a return.  I took the Maximize action and commented out anything that does anything  :-)

However, now when I call portletlink with action=Nothing, it dumps with:

Horrible Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Requested Action not found: Nothing Turbine looked in the following modules.packages path: [org.apache.jetspeed.modules, org.apache.turbine.modules] at org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.getInstance(ActionLoader.java:174) at org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec(ActionLoader.java:122) at org.apache.turbine.modules.pages.DefaultPage.doBuild(DefaultPage.java:143) at org.apache.turbine.modules.Page.build(Page.java:90) at org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.exec(PageLoader.java:123) at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:563) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247) at

and so on...

Thus, I assume that I must add it somewhere else.  I did a search on Maximize and got a "bazzilion" hits, but no XML or other config type files, so it must be somewhere in the code...

Any clues as where to look would be greatly appreciated  :-)

Thanks,

Mike

Re: How to add another action to /org/apache/jetspeed/modules/actions/controls