Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/18 04:26:38 UTC

Building Tomcat With IcedTea

Hi,

I'm trying to build tomcat with IcedTea.  I get the following types of errors while DBCP is being built:

    [javac] /usr/share/java/tomcat6-deps/dbcp/src/java/org/apache/tomcat/dbcp/dbcp/cpdsadapter/PoolablePreparedStatementStub.java:34: isClosed() in org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.DelegatingStatement cannot implement isClosed() in java.sql.Statement; attempting to assign weaker access privileges; was public
    [javac] class PoolablePreparedStatementStub extends PoolablePreparedStatement {
    [javac] ^
    [javac] /usr/share/java/tomcat6-deps/dbcp/src/java/org/apache/tomcat/dbcp/dbcp/datasources/PerUserPoolDataSource.java:52: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.datasources.PerUserPoolDataSource is not abstract and does not override abstract method isWrapperFor(java.lang.Class<?>) in java.sql.Wrapper
    [javac] public class PerUserPoolDataSource
    [javac]        ^
    [javac] /usr/share/java/tomcat6-deps/dbcp/src/java/org/apache/tomcat/dbcp/dbcp/datasources/SharedPoolDataSource.java:45: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource is not abstract and does not override abstract method isWrapperFor(java.lang.Class<?>) in java.sql.Wrapper
    [javac] public class SharedPoolDataSource
    [javac]        ^
    [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
    [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
    [javac] 15 errors

Anyone know of any workarounds?

Thanks,
- Ole

Re: Building Tomcat With IcedTea

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com>.
Chuck,

That must be it (Even though the build instructions for Tomcat 6 say 1.5.x or later).  Thanks again for the heads up.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Ole Ersoy [mailto:ole.ersoy@gmail.com]
> Subject: Building Tomcat With IcedTea
>
> I'm trying to build tomcat with IcedTea.  I get the following
> types of errors while DBCP is being built:

Are you using JDK 6 for your Tomcat builds?  Tomcat must be built with JDK 5 due to incompatibilities introduced by Sun in JDK 6.

 - Chuck