Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Darron Smith <da...@bbc.co.uk> on 1999/03/04 13:15:33 UTC

protocol/3993: Incomplete Pages Loading Randomly

>Number:         3993
>Category:       protocol
>Synopsis:       Incomplete Pages Loading Randomly
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        1.3.4
>Environment:
Solaris 2.6 (SunOS broadcast 5.6 Generic_105181-08 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10)
GCC 2.8.1
Apache 1.3.4
FrontPage 3.0.4.2 (mod_frontpage)
SSL 2.2.0 (mod_ssl)
PHP 3.0.6
SSLeay 0.9.0b
6 Virtual Servers running.
This initially appears to be a timing problem with IE3. But having fiddled around with things like the timeout and the Send Buffer size until I'm blue in the face. I'm kind of out of ideas as to what to try next. This could alternatively be an issue with the browser itself.
This seems to be only an issue when within a frameset page where loading a new page in one of the frames sometimes does not get the complete page but cuts off part of it when the retrieved source is viewed. This usually results in a blank frame however refreshing that particular frame will retrieve it properly.
Unfortunately I can't give you an example of this because of the firewall. (This is an intranet server).
What I want to know is. Is this an issue with the FIN_WAIT signal, an issue with Packet size and Timeouts, an issue with the Browser or something else entirely?
>How-To-Repeat:
Because this is an intranet server within a firewall I can't give you a URL for the offending pages (More than one) where this is happening.
I can suggest using the environment quoted above and trying to load a non cached frames page and then changing the contents of one of the frames
>Fix:
None