Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Brian Repko <br...@learnthinkcode.com> on 2010/05/17 22:35:22 UTC

SOAP 1.2 and WSDL 1.2/2.0 generation from Java?

I'm looking to support SOAP 1.2 and WSDL 2.0 as part of a
JAX-WS/JAX-RS project.
Just looking at the JAX-WS side of things, my WSDL is generated
(I'm doing this as
code-first) is version 1.1 and the SOAP binding is 1.1.

I'm using jaxws:endpoint to define the services but don't see
anyway to configure
CXF to generate a 2.0 version WSDL and/or to use SOAP 1.2.

Am I missing something obvious?

Brian
---
Brian Repko
LearnThinkCode, Inc.
email: brian.repko@learnthinkcode.com
phone: +1 612 229 6779

Re: SOAP 1.2 and WSDL 1.2/2.0 generation from Java?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Monday 17 May 2010 4:35:22 pm Brian Repko wrote:
> I'm looking to support SOAP 1.2 and WSDL 2.0 as part of a
> JAX-WS/JAX-RS project.
> Just looking at the JAX-WS side of things, my WSDL is generated
> (I'm doing this as
> code-first) is version 1.1 and the SOAP binding is 1.1.
>
> I'm using jaxws:endpoint to define the services but don't see
> anyway to configure
> CXF to generate a 2.0 version WSDL and/or to use SOAP 1.2.

For SOAP 1.2, the normal way for a java first  case would be to add:

@BindingType (value = SOAPBinding.SOAP12HTTP_BINDING)

to the SEI interface and/or the implementation object.   That should tell it
to use 1.2.

CXF doesn't currently support WSDL 2.0 so there isn't anything you can do to
enable that.    We support WSDL 1.1 for SOAP/JAX-WS related things and WADL
for JAX-RS related things.   There hasn't been any demand (in the form of
someone to step up and work on it) for WSDL 2.0 support.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org