Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Christophe Bisciglia <ch...@cloudera.com> on 2009/07/31 02:26:42 UTC

Extending Submission Deadline for Hadoop Fans on the East Coast

Hadoop Fans, we have had a few requests to extend the submission deadline
through the weekend. To be fair, rather than make exceptions, we wanted to
let everyone know we are accepting proposals until August 3rd at 10AM PDT.

We've also been really impressed with the number of international
registrations we've seen. It's a continual reminder that Hadoop is a
world-wide phenomenon, and as such, we'd like to encourage this further with
a more inclusive name for the event, Hadoop World: NYC 2009.

Lastly, we now have a much better idea of how much this will event cost to
put on. NYC is expensive. We're keeping the early registration price at $150
until July 31st, 11PM PDT, but it will be $200 through August 10th, and $299
after we start promoting the event more actively.

You'll find everything you need here:
http://www.cloudera.com/hadoop-world-nyc

Christophe
and the Cloudera Team

--
get hadoop: cloudera.com/hadoop
online training: cloudera.com/hadoop-training