Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Zuri <zi...@hotmail.com> on 2003/09/23 03:27:06 UTC

Maintaining an open connection

Working on an authentication module that will support a "very" large number
of incoming requests, on the order of millions per day. The module performs
authentication processing and needs to talk to a server AuthProxy (not on
the same machine) that in turn, relays the requests to a number of other
systems. One of the performance optimizations we're considering is to
establish and maintain a single connection to the AuthProxy and  use
throughout the life of the module/process instead of continuously
establishing and tearing down TCP connections. Any advices on this? Any
references or other modules that we can look at for assistance?

Thanks.

zig.@.zuri

Re: Maintaining an open connection

Posted by Zuri <zi...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for the pointer. Has anybody compiled stats as to what kind of
savings this (maintaining an open connection vs. establishing and
tearing-down every time) entails?

zig.@.zuri

Posted by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com>.