Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Stanislav Kozlovski <st...@confluent.io> on 2018/11/06 09:00:06 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-386: Standardize on Min/Avg/Max metrics' default values

Hey everybody,

I'm starting a vote thread on KIP-386: Standardize on Min/Avg/Max metrics'
default values
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=95652345>
In short, after the discussion thread
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/78b501fb296b05ee7da601dba1558f4b9014fbb50f663bf14e5aec67@%3Cdev.kafka.apache.org%3E>,
we decided to have all min/avg/max metrics output `NaN` as a default value.

--
Best,
Stanislav

Re: [VOTE] KIP-386: Standardize on Min/Avg/Max metrics' default values

Posted by Harsha Chintalapani <ka...@harsha.io>.
+1 (binding)

-Harsha

Posted by Kevin Lu <lu...@berkeley.edu>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Stanislav Kozlovski <st...@confluent.io>.
Hey everybody,

I've finished with the implementation, here is the PR:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/5908

Posted by Stanislav Kozlovski <st...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Dong Lin <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.