Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Markus Karg <ma...@quipsy.de> on 2005/10/05 12:38:04 UTC

How to check integrity of database?

Some relational databases (also Microsoft VSS) come with their own tools to check integrity of the logical database structure (e. g. it might be a page is corrupted etc.). Is there such a tool for FSFS? I mean, can FSFS be broken and how can I detect this as early as possible so I can restore the latest backup before and major loss occurs?

Mit freundlichem Gruss / With kind regards
Markus KARG, Staatl. gepr. Inf.
Entwicklung / R & D
QUIPSY QUALITY GmbH

Re: How to check integrity of database?

Posted by Gary Thomas <ga...@mlbassoc.com>.
On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 14:38 +0200, Markus Karg wrote:
> Some relational databases (also Microsoft VSS) come with their own
> tools to check integrity of the logical database structure (e. g. it
> might be a page is corrupted etc.). Is there such a tool for FSFS? I
> mean, can FSFS be broken and how can I detect this as early as
> possible so I can restore the latest backup before and major loss
> occurs?

Is this not sufficient?

svnadmin help verify
verify: usage: svnadmin verify REPOS_PATH

Verifies the data stored in the repository.