Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "André Warnier (tomcat)" <aw...@ice-sa.com> on 2017/08/11 08:44:48 UTC

[OT] Re: More (Solved!) Re: I've just installed Tomcat (7.0.67) on an old CentOS 5 box. It can't be reached from outside the box.

On 11.08.2017 00:27, James H. H. Lampert wrote:
> After looking up the man page (and while I *know* where the term comes from, I *still*
> think there ought to be "woman," "boy," and "girl" pages [and maybe "cat" and "dog" pages]
> as well!)

Note that there may be no "woman" command, but that one can do "man | more".
Similarly, there is no "boy" command, but one can do "man | less".
There is no "girl" command, but the Linux developers have tried to ease the pain of that
by providing "talk", "chat" and "nice" (and even "tee", for the mature generation).
As for the animal world, there is indeed a "cat" command. And there may not be any "dog"
command, but there are  "tail" and "head", which might be seen as more generic.