Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jon H <ho...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/22 17:55:17 UTC

Django

Hello,

Currently I have a simple struts app that runs behind jetspeed but
major changes are needed to it and I think going with a more
productive MVC framework like Django would save a lot of development
time.  The only problem is that this app runs behind jetspeed, I'm
wondering if there is any way to get a Django app to run behind
jetspeed.  Has anyone ever tried this?

Thanks,

Jon

Re: Django

Posted by Jon H <ho...@gmail.com>.
>> Currently I have a simple struts app that runs behind jetspeed but
>> major changes are needed to it and I think going with a more
>> productive MVC framework like Django would save a lot of development
>> time.  The only problem is that this app runs behind jetspeed, I'm
>> wondering if there is any way to get a Django app to run behind
>> jetspeed.  Has anyone ever tried this?
>
> I have not. Sounds like you need a way to 'bridge' to Python similar to the
> Groovy, Struts, JSF and other bridges we have built. Or just run the Django
> app in an IFrame portlet

Thanks for the input.  I'll look into how much work it would be to
create one of these bridges, or see how the IFrame portlet works.

Jon

Re: Django

Posted by David Sean Taylor <d....@onehippo.com>.