Posted to users@royale.apache.org by "Anil Guntur - aguntur@us.ibm.com" <ag...@us.ibm.com> on 2020/06/29 21:06:50 UTC

RE: No Event.cancel event present for org.apache.royale.Events.event

Is that something one can add to the event Class

Also any alternative to flash.filters.GlowFilter;

thanks

[blank.gif]

Anil Guntur
Architect, Radiology Workflow
(858) 267-5072
(858) 922-6402
aguntur@us.ibm.com<ma...@us.ibm.com>

[WH_Email_Sig_Logo.png]<https://www.ibm.com/watson/health/>

From: "Anil Guntur - aguntur@us.ibm.com" <ag...@us.ibm.com>
Date: Monday, June 29, 2020 at 1:35 PM
To: "users@royale.apache.org" <us...@royale.apache.org>, "dev@royale.apache.org" <de...@royale.apache.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] RE: Is there a emulation available for flash.display.DisplayObject

Thanks, that is weird, I thought I saw the first parameter as DisplayObject and the return statement as IFlexDisplayObject. May be I am losing my mind 😊
On another area, that I could not find documentation on is
Flash.utils.getQualifiedClassName. Is there an equivalent in royale emulation

From: Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com>
Date: Monday, June 29, 2020 at 11:25 AM
To: "dev@royale.apache.org" <de...@royale.apache.org>, "users@royale.apache.org" <us...@royale.apache.org>
Cc: "dev@royale.apache.org" <de...@royale.apache.org>

In Royale [1] the first param is an Object

[1] https://royale.apache.org/asdoc/#!mx.managers/PopUpManager/createPopUp<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__royale.apache.org_asdoc_-23-21mx.managers_PopUpManager_createPopUp&d=DwMGaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=9ECLToI-QOU_Ov6Tjr8kHGQhTDrlB2VQIbfcQxNoCMc&m=dWesgm44YkRrPQVbH6LJJl-krMxFp95rEv6jF0MHNt4&s=ZfVYf3bZHRfRGs5k90QdPat9uwznFu0igxp2J4TejDo&e=>

I need to get the PopupManager.CreatePopup working.. the first parameter for the parent is of type DisplayObject according to the API documentation..

Thanks

Re: No Event.cancel event present for org.apache.royale.Events.event

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
In Royale (HTML) you need the element to be either SVG or on Canvas. We don’t yet have full Canvas coverage, but we do have SVG.

We’re using org.apache.royale.svg.DropShadowFilter for both drop shadows and inner/outer glows in our app which applies effects to SVG. Converting from flash.filters.GlowFilter to org.apache.royale.svg.DropShadowFilter should be more or a less drop-in replacement.

HTH,
Harbs