Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/13 21:39:52 UTC

svn update performance

Is anyone other than me experiencing extremely slow svn performance, especially
when updating the Geronimo server trunk ?? Yesterday and today have been
excruciatingly slow.....

Tim McConnell

Re: svn update performance

Posted by Trygve Hardersen <tr...@jotta.no>.
Same here, I've been unable to checkout the code to a new computer all day.

Trygve

Re: svn update performance

Posted by Jason Warner <ja...@gmail.com>.
You're not alone

--
~Jason Warner

Re: svn update performance

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 13, 2009, at 3:39 PM, Tim McConnell wrote:

> Is anyone other than me experiencing extremely slow svn performance,
> especially when updating the Geronimo server trunk ?? Yesterday and
> today have been excruciatingly slow.....

Yep. It's been pretty bad. I checked with infra, earlier today. The
svn server is overloaded. They killed an rsync job soaking up I/O.
Seems a little better, now, but only slightly.

The EU svn server (http://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server)
is way better. I think you can use svn switch to move a working copy
to the alternate svn server. Or, just checkout a new copy...

--kevan