Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org> on 2003/10/29 15:01:04 UTC

fortress --> anika is done

Have committed fortress/new - its a directory containing meven generated
docs for Fortress.

To generate the docs:

  $ cd fortress/new
  $ maven avalon:build
  $ maven site

Have already uploaded the generated docs to avalon/site.

LEO - its time to live!!!

Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org

Re: fortress --> anika is done

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Leo Simons wrote:
>
>> missing:
>>
>> - developing with avalon
>> - logkit
>> - ECM
>>
>> I'll get logkit and some excalibur patches into position. But I'm not
>> going to kick it live without DwA...for fear that this vital piece of
>> info will otherwise be lost 4ever...
>

> Hmm.
>
> Ok, ECM we can live without.  It is deprecated, so I think we should not
> spend too much energy on it.
>
> DwA is a great reference--so we should probably do a two step approach
> of convert it (at which point it can go live) and update it to use
> one of the modern containers.  Any takers on updating it?

I'm gaim.
Steve.

Re: fortress --> anika is done

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Leo Simons wrote:
> missing:
>
> - developing with avalon
> - logkit
> - ECM
>
> I'll get logkit and some excalibur patches into position. But I'm not
> going to kick it live without DwA...for fear that this vital piece of
> info will otherwise be lost 4ever...

Hmm.

Ok, ECM we can live without.  It is deprecated, so I think we should not
spend too much energy on it.

DwA is a great reference--so we should probably do a two step approach
of convert it (at which point it can go live) and update it to use
one of the modern containers.  Any takers on updating it?

Our LogKit documentation never went beyond the initial whitepaper that
Peter D wrote.  For going live, I can live without it for a day or two.
Again, we don't want to lose it either.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

Re: fortress --> anika is done

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
missing:

- developing with avalon
- logkit
- ECM

I'll get logkit and some excalibur patches into position. But I'm not
going to kick it live without DwA...for fear that this vital piece of
info will otherwise be lost 4ever...

- LSD