Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by sha p <sh...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/05 13:21:01 UTC

Regarding migrating data from Oracle to Cassandra.migrate data from Oracle to Cassandra.

How to build a auditing process in data from Oracle to Cassandra.migrate data from Oracle to Cassandra.

Posted by sha p <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,
Thanks a lot for all your previous suggestions.
As you suggested I am using Spark SQL for data migration i.e oracle ->
cassandra.

But I have two challenges
1) How should I handle failures , how that logic should be build?
2) How to do/handle any incremental migration?
3) How to do auditing ?

Please give me some ideas around these.

Regards,
Shyam

Re: Error during truncate: Cannot achieve consistency level ALL , how to fix it

Posted by Alain RODRIGUEZ <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hello Shyam,

I think Jonathan understood the meaning of 'RF'. He is suggesting you to
look at all your keyspaces strategy/RF for the system_auth table and make
sure to use the right replication factor (and probably
a NetworkTopologyStrategy).

This might help: cqlsh -e "DESCRIBE KEYSPACE system_auth;"
Or to check them all: cqlsh -e "DESCRIBE KEYSPACES;"

I don't know what's wrong exactly, but your application is truncating with
a consistency level of 'ALL', meaning all the replicas must be up for your
application to work.

Posted by Jonathan Baynes <Jo...@tradeweb.com>.
What RF is your system_auth keyspace?

If its one, match it to the user keyspace, and restart the node.

 I am new to Cassandra. Following below link

https://grokonez.com/spring-framework/spring-data/start-spring-data-cassandra-springboot#III_Sourcecode<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__grokonez.com_spring-2Dframework_spring-2Ddata_start-2Dspring-2Ddata-2Dcassandra-2Dspringboot-23III-5FSourcecode&d=DwMFaQ&c=sA0VaJZJFLZREu2pbPeqjXHJ-Wd9NNzgHW3gpUOLSSk&r=CNKccIKIKCVbYTu1VxR8dIOP6NLpf4fYjidpNm-diQ8&m=j2h9K99DL76u4mWIOBsOk5lr41V4bADBYHYktY6e154&s=LzDHllUpsVHGyHiYwEkCXDyapbFOatkyPSmPsiFaCFo&e=>

I have three node cluster , keyspace set with RF = 2 , but when I run this application from above source code bellow error is thrown
 Caused by: com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.TruncateException: Error during truncate: Cannot achieve consistency level ALL """ ....

What wrong i am doing here ..How to fix it ? Plz help me.

Regards,
Shyam

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. Tradeweb reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. If you do not wish to receive marketing emails about our products / services, please let us know by contacting us, either by email at contactus@tradeweb.com or by writing to us at the registered office of Tradeweb in the UK, which is: Tradeweb Europe Limited (company number 3912826), 1 Fore Street Avenue London EC2Y 9DT. To see our privacy policy, visit our website @ www.tradeweb.com.

Error during truncate: Cannot achieve consistency level ALL , how to fix it

Posted by sha p <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Regarding migrating data from Oracle to Cassandra.migrate data from Oracle to Cassandra.

Posted by sha p <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Re: [EXTERNAL] Regarding migrating data from Oracle to Cassandra.migrate data from Oracle to Cassandra.

Posted by Rahul Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.
The biggest issue you’ll have is that “migration” from a relational to Cassandra is not a 1 to 1. The schemas will have to change.

DSE has other technology that is a little more useful - such as Spark / Spark SQL / Solr that is built in which helps meet the needs which Oracle was previously providing.

Rahul Singh
Chief Executive Officer
m 202.905.2818

Anant Corporation
1010 Wisconsin Ave NW, Suite 250
Washington, D.C. 20007

We build and manage digital business technology platforms.

Posted by sha p <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all very much.
Migration is due to Oracle not scaling as expected.

Sure I will be posting my queries and doubts time to time for your guidance.

Thank you.
Shyam

Posted by Rahul Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sha p <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Rahul sir,
Where can I find more information ? any blog or links on that ?

Posted by Rahul Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sha p <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Jeff.

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.