Posted to bcel-user@jakarta.apache.org by Peter Lundin <pe...@home.se> on 2002/06/19 10:50:38 UTC

BCELifier

Hi,

I am using the BCELifier to get started with BCEL and it is really great. However I have problem with finally and synchronized statements like the ones below. I get a NullPointerException which I suspect is due to the handling of the Any Exception?
Is there a workaound or a patch available?

static void test0() {
        System.out.println("enter test0");
        try {
            System.out.println("doing something test0");
        } finally {
            System.out.println("exit test0");
        }
    }

    static void test1() {
        Object obj = new Object();
        synchronized (obj) {
            System.out.println("doing something test1");
        }
    }

        at org.apache.bcel.util.BCELifier.printType(BCELifier.java:262)
        at org.apache.bcel.util.BCELFactory.updateExceptionHandlers(BCELFactory.java:340)
        at org.apache.bcel.util.BCELFactory.start(BCELFactory.java:108)
        at org.apache.bcel.util.BCELifier.visitMethod(BCELifier.java:213)
        at org.apache.bcel.classfile.Method.accept(Method.java:115)
        at org.apache.bcel.util.BCELifier.visitJavaClass(BCELifier.java:143)
        at org.apache.bcel.util.BCELifier.start(BCELifier.java:89)
        at org.apache.bcel.util.BCELifier.main(BCELifier.java:298)

Regards
/Peter