Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch> on 2003/03/24 08:18:37 UTC

Re: [Proposal] Use CVS Forrest, Forrestbot for docs (Forrest CVS tag)

Le Dimanche, 23 mars 2003, à 15:00 Europe/Zurich, Jeff Turner a écrit :

> We could easily put up a snapshot for people to download, and have a
> "rolling tag" in CVS, marking the version of Forrest suitable for
> Cocoon.
> The situation to avoid is where various committers use various versions
> of Forrest, with varying results.

+1 on this, something like a COCOON_DOCS_2_1 tag set on the Forrest CVS.

I think the tag name should change with each Cocoon release so as to be
able to regenerate the docs of old Cocoon releases if needed.

Requiring Cocoon to use only released versions of Forrest would be too
limitating IMHO. I know we shouldn't be "building on sand* but due to
the cyclic dependency between Cocoon and Forrest we cannot have both
waiting on each other's release.

-Bertrand