Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/11/02 13:33:05 UTC

Tagging Daemon 1.1

I have finished working through the Commons Daemon open issues and I am
ready to tag and call the release vote. I wanted to give folks a heads
up and an opportunity scratch any Daemon related itches before I tag.
Unless there are objections, I plan to tag in ~24 hours.

Mark

Re: Tagging Daemon 1.1

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 02/11/17 13:33, Mark Thomas wrote:
> I have finished working through the Commons Daemon open issues and I am
> ready to tag and call the release vote. I wanted to give folks a heads
> up and an opportunity scratch any Daemon related itches before I tag.
> Unless there are objections, I plan to tag in ~24 hours.

Just a heads up that this might get pushed back a bit. I'm looking at
some Tomcat integration issues and there might be a need for some more
Java 9 related changes.

Mark

Re: Tagging Daemon 1.1

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
This could be an argument that goes the way of source code formatting ;-)
but my simplest reasons are:
- It all lines up nicely all the time
- It hints that we intend to supply bug fix releases

Gary

Re: Tagging Daemon 1.1

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hi Gary,

Re: Tagging Daemon 1.1

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
On 11/02/2017 03:42 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:

> I'm happy to go with the majority preference (mine being for 1.1.0).

I'm more concerned about consistency between releases than the actual
version format. commons-daemon has always used 3 digits, so 1.1.0 is
fine. But releasing lang 3.7.0 after 3.6 would look odd.

Emmanuel Bourg

Re: Tagging Daemon 1.1

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 02/11/17 14:28, Gary Gregory wrote:
> How about calling it 1.1.0?

That would be my preference.

I only went with 1.1 as that was the convention with other components.
That isn't a convention I agree with but neither is it very high up my
list of things I'm particularly bothered about.

Re: Tagging Daemon 1.1

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
How about calling it 1.1.0?