Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/24 16:22:02 UTC

EOL Camel 3.0.x

Hi

When Camel 3.1.0 is GA I would actually like to EOL 3.0.x quickly.

This release has some flaws like excessive object allocations and a
memory leak in recipient list / toD under certain conditions, among
others things.

The 3.1.0 is really a much better release and we should encourage
3.0.x users to update to it. And we have a good guide
https://camel.apache.org/manual/latest/camel-3x-upgrade-guide.html

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: EOL Camel 3.0.x

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.
I'm +1 on this. We have some fixes on camel-3.0.x, so maybe we could have a
little patch release and then stop.

Re: EOL Camel 3.0.x

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 2:49 PM Gregor Zurowski
<gr...@list.zurowski.org> wrote:

> Yes, it makes sense. I would suggest we put something about this on our
> website so that users are aware of this.

Yeah lets include this details in the 3.1 release notes and also
create a separate news blog about the EOL and suggested to upgrade to
3.1.0 when possible.

Then we can work on cutting 2.25.1 patch and a 3.1.1 patch releases next month.

Re: EOL Camel 3.0.x

Posted by Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org>.