Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com> on 2004/08/25 17:35:33 UTC

[OT] Quoting Etiquette Re: Questions about SA

Mr Nutter,

May I ask why I've been quoted into this thread?

As I've asked you before, please don't hijack threads when creating a new
topic, but if you must, please at the VERY least remove the text of the
unrelated message.

I'm in general not too particular about details of trimming your quoting,
but clearly quoting an entire off-topic message is a waste and contributes
to confusion for people performing searches, filters, etc.

There's a lot of mail in my mailbox, and I have my mailclient set up to
track replies to my posts to make it easier to follow up with people I'm
helping. My mailclient spotted the portion of this email which quotes me,
and filtered it as something I need to follow up on.