Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by mdjerouni <md...@codasystem.com> on 2005/12/08 09:59:02 UTC

Derby on CLDC ?

Hi,

I develop on mobiles phones which have this JAVA configuration: MIDP 2.0 and
CLDC 1.1.

I'm looking for a secure database like Derby. I have read in the mailing
list (November 2004) that Derby doesn't work with CLDC.

I would like to know if there is changing about this point: if Derby works
today with CLDC configuration.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Derby on CLDC ?

Posted by Oy...@Sun.COM.
mdjerouni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I develop on mobiles phones which have this JAVA configuration: MIDP 2.0
> and CLDC 1.1.
>
> I’m looking for a secure database like Derby. I have read in the mailing
> list (November 2004) that Derby doesn’t work with CLDC.
>
> I would like to know if there is changing about this point: if Derby
> works today with CLDC configuration.

No. CLDC lacks a number of essential features which Derby relies on
(such as application-controlled class loading). I don't expect Derby to
support CLDC in the near future.

--
Oyvind Bakksjo
Trondheim, Norway