Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Prakash Gowri Shankor <pr...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/18 22:10:18 UTC

Running mirrormaker in HA?

Hi,

I've looked at the documentation for mirrormaker. It doesnt appear that
there is a notion of HA ( high availability ) for the mirrormaker tool
itself. Ideally, I would like to have some topics flowing to another
datacenter with a 2 node mirrormaker in between, where one mirrormaker is
always active  and the other passive until it needs to become primary. The
transfer from passive to active also needs to happen with offset awareness
( ie previously written topic offset should be picked up by the new
primary) . Is anything like this planned in future releases ?

Thanks,
Prakash

Re: Running mirrormaker in HA?

Posted by Prakash Gowri Shankor <pr...@gmail.com>.
 I see what you mean by the implicit HA.Thanks Guozhang.

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Prakash,

--
-- Guozhang