Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2009/12/06 09:35:08 UTC

ccpp api jar license?

I recently discovered that there's yet another spec I didn't know
about, jsr 188 ccpp.  Looking at the sun download link I get to the
license agreement:

https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_Developer-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewLicense-Start

which doesn't look to me very apache-friendly.  It also looks to me
from the dev list emails back on aug 28-29 2007 that a pluto committer
requested the api jar be uploaded to the maven central repo.  I'm
wondering what the legal basis for doing this was since it is not
obvious to me that the license linked above would permit this.

Has anyone established whether or not it is legally acceptable to
include the api jar in a download from apache?

thanks
david jencks