Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2013/03/07 22:46:54 UTC

Question about Zone-wide Primary Storage (4.2 Feature)

Hi,

It looks like in 4.2 we can assign Primary Storage to be not only for a
single Cluster, but Zone-wide (or specific to a Host).

I'm wondering how Zone-wide Primary Storage works for iSCSI.

For example, in 4.1 when you create a Primary Storage based on iSCSI and
specify, say, a XenServer Cluster, CloudStack creates a Shared Storage
Repository for that Cluster based on the iSCSI target.

How will this work with Zone-wide iSCSI-based Primary Storage?  If you
have, say, two XenServer Clusters, which one will CloudStack create the
Shared Storage Repository on?  What if one Cluster is VMware and another is
XenServer, etc.?

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

RE: Question about Zone-wide Primary Storage (4.2 Feature)

Posted by Hari Kannan <ha...@citrix.com>.
Minor correction - This feature is being considered for VMware also..

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com