Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com> on 1995/07/25 22:18:59 UTC

Who's using apache?

On Tue, 25 Jul 1995, Andrew Wilson wrote:
> On a different note, I've done quite a bit of research on who's using Apache
> and which versions of the server (and other servers) are out there.  The
> user base is quite big (over 150 .com sites alone) and certainly
> comprises far more people than are on this list.  There's also evidence to
> suggest that people using Apache don't keep in step with new releases;  there
> are quite a few pre-Apache/0.6.5's out there.  It would be nice to maintain
> Apache's reputation and only release when we've taken a sensible amount of
> time to review changes.  By which I mean at least another week.

Early next week, then?  Monday?

I was gone this weekend and am struggling to get back my mail queue...
ugh.  I don't know what's going to happen when I go on my two week
honeymoon in September...

Anyways, when we release, it might be nice to run a search of sites out
there, locate all Apache-using hosts, and notify webmaster@host (or root@host
maybe?) about the new release.  Maybe we can hit all those using pre-1.4 NCSA
too :)

	Brian