Posted to women@apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2005/08/07 19:04:05 UTC

Promoting the list

I was wondering if it would be all right to send a note like this to two women who I believe may be in your target audience. One individual was recently made a committer, and another is on my short list for future nominations.

----

I thought you might be interested to learn of a new mailing list at Apache, still in its formative stages.

> This list is open to anyone who participates in an Apache project to discuss topics that will promote even greater
> participation and contributions by women. Public archives are available for this list.

----

-Ted.

Re: Promoting the list

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
I'm in favor of this, Ted, but we need agreement among the participants
on this list that it's ok to invite (in essense, recruit) more
participants who may not be committers. I think this would be excellent.

For now, in your short description below I would remove the "Public
archives are available for this list." so that the description is just:

I see that Noel set archiving up, but it hasn't kicked in yet. Once it
does start getting archives, I expect the archives to be at:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-women

  -jean