Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <p....@ubik-ingenierie.com> on 2019/08/06 11:54:14 UTC

Gradle migration: dist contains duplicate versions of jars

Hello,

I noticed dist folder contains 2 versions of groovy-all:
groovy-all-2.4.15 : Compile Dependency coming from spock-core
groovy-all-2.4.16: Overriden dependency

If you then run jmeter and try to open TestKeepAlive.jmx you get this:

Caused by: groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Conflicting module versions.
Module [groovy-all is loaded in version 2.4.15 and you are trying to load
version 2.4.16
at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MetaClassRegistryImpl$DefaultModuleListener.onModule(MetaClassRegistryImpl.java:529)
~[groovy-all-2.4.15.jar:2.4.15]
at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.m12n.ExtensionModuleScanner.scanExtensionModuleFromProperties(ExtensionModuleScanner.java:81)
~[groovy-all-2.4.15.jar:2.4.15]
at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.m12n.ExtensionModuleScanner.scanExtensionModuleFromMetaInf(ExtensionModuleScanner.java:75)
~[groovy-all-2.4.15.jar:2.4.15]
at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.m12n.ExtensionModuleScanner.scanClasspathModules(ExtensionModuleScanner.java:57)
~[groovy-all-2.4.15.jar:2.4.15]
at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MetaClassRegistryImpl.<init>(MetaClassRegistryImpl.java:129)
~[groovy-all-2.4.15.jar:2.4.15]
at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MetaClassRegistryImpl.<init>(MetaClassRegistryImpl.java:90)
~[groovy-all-2.4.15.jar:2.4.15]
at groovy.lang.GroovySystem.<clinit>(GroovySystem.java:36)
~[groovy-all-2.4.15.jar:2.4.15]
... 35 more

--

[image: logo Ubik Ingenierie] <https://www.ubik-ingenierie.com> Philippe
Mouawad

Re: Gradle migration: dist contains duplicate versions of jars

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
On Tuesday, August 6, 2019, Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> >Follow eclipse.md / Launching from Eclipse and you'll get the issue.
>
> That means there's no issue with "dist contains duplicate versions of
> jars".

yes, I formulated wrongly the bug report.
The issue is due to .classpath duplicates

> In other words, Gradle does not produce duplicate jars.
>
> Gradle's dependency management is very flexible.
> Currently it resolves "groovy-all version 2.4.15" to be used for
> compilation and "groovy-all version 2.4.16" to be used for runtime.
>
> I'm not sure if Eclipse is flexible enough to represent that, however the
> resulting .classpath
> files seem to include both versions with no clear separation which is
> which.

yes

> In the Ideal world, groovy-all should probably not be included to the
> compilation classpath
> (we don't expect to call low level Groovy APIs from JMeter's Java code).

ok by me

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Gradle migration: dist contains duplicate versions of jars

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Sorry wrong description.

don't run gradlew runGui.

Follow eclipse.md / Launching from Eclipse and you'll get the issue.

Regards

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Gradle migration: dist contains duplicate versions of jars

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Gradle migration: dist contains duplicate versions of jars

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.