Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Skip <sb...@dmp.com> on 2007/10/17 18:27:59 UTC

How to trust my "domain"?

I have started to run into a small problem due to some communication
internally with emails being flagged as spam.  Long question made short:
How to I correctly configure SA to trust communication on our network
without trusting spoofed addresses?

- Skip

Re: How to trust my "domain"?

Posted by Bob Proulx <bo...@proulx.com>.
Skip wrote:
> I have started to run into a small problem due to some communication
> internally with emails being flagged as spam.  Long question made short:
> How to I correctly configure SA to trust communication on our network
> without trusting spoofed addresses?

Start here:

  http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/TrustPath

First get your trustpath configured correctly.  That will probably
solve most of your trouble.

Then for anything remaining bit read up in the documentation about
whitelist_from_rcvd.

  man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf

I have never found it necessary to whitelist the local domain.  But it
is sometimes useful to whitelist closely partnered domains.

Bob

RE: How to trust my "domain"?

Posted by "James E. Pratt" <jp...@norwich.edu>.

As a sidenote, I believe "filter_relay" only works if you either set
MX_RELAY_CHECK=yes in /etc/sysconfig/mimedefang, and/or use the -r
option in mimedefang's init script if not using
/etc/sysconfig/mimedefang to source startup/config options from ...

Re: How to trust my "domain"?

Posted by maillist <ma...@emailacs.com>.

Re: How to trust my "domain"?

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 17.10.07 11:45, Skip wrote:
> Guess this would help:
>
> Using sendmail 8.13.8 with SA 3.2.3

do you use spamass-milter? Look at -i option

> > From: Chris 'Xenon' Hanson [mailto:xenon@alphapixel.com]
> >    Usually you do this with a combination of trusted_networks
> > and exclusion in your scanner.

"To Boot or not to Boot, that's the question." [WD1270 Caviar]

RE: How to trust my "domain"?

Posted by Skip <sb...@dmp.com>.
Guess this would help:

Re: How to trust my "domain"?

Posted by Chris 'Xenon' Hanson <xe...@alphapixel.com>.
Skip wrote:
> I have started to run into a small problem due to some communication
> internally with emails being flagged as spam.  Long question made short:
> How to I correctly configure SA to trust communication on our network
> without trusting spoofed addresses?

   Usually you do this with a combination of trusted_networks and exclusion in your
scanner. For example, my qmail/qmail-scanner/SA configuration is set up not to spam scan
messages that enter my mail system from the LAN, or authenticated/secure outside senders.