Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Siguenza <si...@titus.u-strasbg.fr> on 2008/05/26 16:58:29 UTC

Flow Controller setting AE parameters...

Hello,

I would like to know how a Flow controller could change the parameters
of the AEs it routes.
Overriding? reconfigure? through UimaContext?
I couldn't decide on the right "UIMA" method.
This would allow me to set some AEs parameters depending of routing
information without hard coding it in the AE code....
Thank you for your help.

Sophie

Re: Flow Controller setting AE parameters...

Posted by Siguenza <si...@titus.u-strasbg.fr>.
Eddie Epstein wrote:

>The only mechanism for the flow controller to modify AE behavior is via CAS
>content. Configuration is intended for fairly static control, not data
>dependent parameters, and is only available for an "application" that has
>embedded UIMA. Note also that configuration information is not passed to
>remote services.
>
>Hope this helps,
>Eddie
>
>On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Siguenza <si...@titus.u-strasbg.fr>
>wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I would like to know how a Flow controller could change the parameters of
>>the AEs it routes.
>>Overriding? reconfigure? through UimaContext?
>>I couldn't decide on the right "UIMA" method.
>>This would allow me to set some AEs parameters depending of routing
>>information without hard coding it in the AE code....
>>Thank you for your help.
>>
>>Sophie

Thank you Eddie,

Yes, this helps. I wanted to be sure there were not a way through
Context (I don't have this concept)
I will do via metadata then, as you suggested.

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.