Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Scott Chapman <sc...@woofplanet.com> on 2015/02/17 18:15:05 UTC

Need help understanding consumer group management.

We're running 0.8.2 at the moment, and now I think I understand the concept
of consumer groups and how to see their offsets.

It does appear that consumer groups periodically get deleted (not sure why).

My question is, what's the generaly lifecycle of a consumer group? I would
assume they hang around until someone deletes them.

And is there a way to get a list of consumer groups? And what's the proper
way to delete and what's the proper way to reset?