Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Niall Riddell <ni...@xspca.com> on 2011/01/26 16:38:55 UTC

Any UK Mahout Meet-ups in '11

Hi,

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

Has anybody organised any UK based meet-ups for Mahout in 2011?

Cheers

Niall

Re: Any UK Mahout Meet-ups in '11

Posted by Dan <da...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

I'm not sure if there are any mahout meetups planned but I was
thinking of trying to organise one of the HUGUK meetups to focus on
Mahout so we can meet up with other people that are using it and to
introduce other people that don't know about it yet. We have monthly
space booked in Skills Matters in east London which we could use for
this.

If anyone is interested in giving a talk at this or coming along then
I'll start to put together an evening? It would be great to hear you
thoughts on this if not!

Still more generally if anyone is interested in giving a talk about
Mahout or an application of it at the monthly HUGUK meetups then it
would be great to hear from you too.

Thanks,
Dan

Posted by Dan <da...@gmail.com>.
Yes that would be best, Skills Matter who let us use there space prefer to
know who's coming, and it gives us numbers for the free pizza / beer
sponsored by Cloudera.

See you Thursday,

Posted by Niall Riddell <ni...@xspca.com>.
Hi Dan,