Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by "Broekelmann, Mathias" <MB...@PSI.DE> on 2005/05/02 11:10:42 UTC

UIData.getValue() is only called once

Hi,

the problem I have is that the UIData.getValue() method for a datatable component is only called once during the request processing. If anything changes to the datamodel content, like sorting or add/remove rows the user must return a DataModel instance for the valuebinding of the value attribute and hold the instance during the request. Every change to the datamodel must call DataModel.setWrappedData(...) on the instance which was returned by the value binding.

It's ok for me since I understand that it is not possible to call UIData.getValue() everytime to get the data. But it would be very nice for the users who donĀ“t expect that behavior that the UIData.getValue() method is definitely called when the rendering phase is started.

Mathias