Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Tomo Suzuki <su...@google.com.INVALID> on 2019/03/13 21:18:52 UTC

Maven-enforcer-plugin's use of aether-util in transitive dependency

Hi Maven developers,
(following "Contributing" section of maven-enforcer-plugin
<https://github.com/apache/maven-enforcer#contributing>)

I'm thinking to raise a PR to fix an issue below, so that
maven-enforcer-plugin can work with maven-resolver-util without explicit
"exclusion" element. Let me know what you think!

While writing a custom enforcer rule, I encountered NoSuchMethodError
org.eclipse.aether.util.ConfigUtils.getFloat. I believe it is caused by
transitive dependency in org.eclipse.aether:aether-util. The class is also
in org.apache.maven.resolver:maven-resolver-util:1.3.1. A workaround with
exclusion element
<https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/cloud-opensource-java/blob/master/enforcer-rules/pom.xml#L64>
just worked fine for me but I'd like to contribute to fix the root cause if
possible.

Tomo

Re: Maven-enforcer-plugin's use of aether-util in transitive dependency

Posted by Tomo Suzuki <su...@google.com.INVALID>.
Hi Enrico,

I see you successfully merged the pull request. Thank you for taking care
of this!

Regards,
Tomo

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.