Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by li jerry <di...@hotmail.com> on 2019/06/30 15:11:24 UTC

VM online migration solution

HI All

Cluster information:

XENSERVER 7.1.2
CloudStack 4.11.2

During the testing process, we found that the success rate of migrating VM (Migrate instance to another host) through ACS UI interface is very low (Volume has a large capacity, there will be timeouts);

However, the success rate of migration through xencenter is 99%, and after successful migration, cloudstack will automatically update the latest HOST and main storage information of the migrated VM.

We intend to discard the migration function on CloudStack UI and migrate online directly through xencenter.

Does this operation have any adverse effects?