Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Willie Vu <wi...@dev.java.net> on 2008/02/20 05:07:59 UTC

Questions on JMS Point-to-Point Sampler

I have a few questions about how JMeter JMS Point-to-Point Sampler works.  In
my test plan, I have a Receive Queue that receives JMS response messages.

1. In test results, Sample Time is collected.  Is the Sample Time calculated
from the time when a request is sent, to the time when a correlated response
message is fully retrieved from the Receive Queue?
2. There are no Timers in my test plan.  Will a thread wait for a response
message is processed before sending the next request?
3. Is the thread sending request message responsible for receiving the
correlated response message?  If not, what threads keep monitoring the
Receive Queue?

Regards,

Willie

Re: Questions on JMS Point-to-Point Sampler

Posted by Willie Vu <wi...@dev.java.net>.
I found answers from reading debug log:

1. In test results, Sample Time is collected.  Is the Sample Time calculated
from the time when a request is sent, to the time when a correlated response
message is fully retrieved from the Receive Queue?

The Sample Time does include the time to receive the response message.

2. There are no Timers in my test plan.  Will a thread wait for a response
message is processed before sending the next request?

The thread sending a request message will wait until correlated response
message is received.

3. Is the thread sending request message responsible for receiving the
correlated response message?  If not, what threads keep monitoring the
Receive Queue?

There are different threads to poll the Receive Queue.  When a response
queue is received, it is correlated back to the request message.  From the
request message, the waiting thread is waken up .

Regards,

Willie