Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Bazaj, Taru (IT)" <Ta...@MorganStanley.com> on 2008/09/30 13:08:26 UTC

FW: Generating apache cxf client for an https connection

Hi friends,

I am working on a project to create java client for a web service that
uses https protocol. I have added the certificate required for the
connection in my project and provided the path in my spring config file.

But, when I run the project I get the exception "unable to find valid
certification path to requested target". I am not able to find out what
am I doing wrong.

I have attached the certificate( ypou have to change it from .abc to
.cer), the wsdl exposed by the web service .

The cofig file I wrote is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

xmlns:cxf="http://cxf.apache.org/core"

xmlns:http="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http/configuration"

xmlns:httpj="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http-jetty/configuration"

xmlns:sec="http://cxf.apache.org/configuration/security"

xsi:schemaLocation="

http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/ http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/

http://cxf.apache.org/configuration/security
http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/configuration/security.xsd

http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http/configuration

http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/configuration/http-conf.xsd

http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http-jetty/configuration

http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/configuration/http-jetty.xsd

http://cxf.apache.org/core http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/core.xsd

http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd">

<http:conduit
name="{http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/messages}Exch
angeServicePort-http-conduit">

<http:tlsClientParameters>

<sec:trustManagers>

<sec:keyStore type="JKS" password="123456"

file="C:\Documents and
Settings\bazajta\MSDE\eclipseide\3.2\workspace\default\ews_client\packag
es\com\microsoft\schemas\exchange\services\_2006\certs\keystore" />

</sec:trustManagers>

<sec:cipherSuitesFilter>

<!-- these filters ensure that a ciphersuite with-->

<!-- export-suitable or null encryption is used, but-->

<!-- exclude anonymous Diffie-Hellman key change as this-->

<!-- is vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks-->

<sec:include>.*_EXPORT_.*</sec:include>

<sec:include>.*_EXPORT1024_.*</sec:include>

<sec:include>.*_WITH_DES_.*</sec:include>

<sec:include>.*_WITH_NULL_.*</sec:include>

<sec:exclude>.*_DH_anon_.*</sec:exclude>

</sec:cipherSuitesFilter>

</http:tlsClientParameters>

</http:conduit>

<!-- We need a bean named "cxf" -->

<!-- <bean id="cxf" class="org.apache.cxf.bus.CXFBusImpl" />-->

</beans>

If anyone has worked on anything similar or could think of anything to
solve the issue please get back to me. I need this working urgently.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks a lot !

Taru

Taru Bazaj
Morgan Stanley | Technology
Bldg. 5, Sector 30, Mindspace, Goregaon (West)
Mumbai (Ex Bombay), 400 090
Phone: +91 22 6641-0281
Taru.Bazaj@MorganStanley.com

Re: Apache cxf support for NTLM authentication

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday 30 September 2008, Bazaj, Taru (IT) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I read on the apache cxf web site that cxf does not provide support
> for NTLM authentication 'out of box' but there are certain work
> arounds for this. However, none of the ways they have mentioned on the
> site seems plausible.

In what way does it not seem plausible?

FYI: that information was directly taken from a message on this list from
someone that got it working.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA

Apache cxf support for NTLM authentication

RE: FW: Generating apache cxf client for an https connection

Posted by "Bazaj, Taru (IT)" <Ta...@MorganStanley.com>.
Yep, true... I got your point.. I added the certificate to my central java security cacerts file and the issue seems to be resolved now. Thanks so much!

However, now I have one more problem... The server I am trying to connect to is an .asmx page which requires authentication... I am trying to send the credentials trhough the conig file by adding

		<http:authorization>
			<sec:UserName>username</sec:UserName>
			<sec:Password>password</sec:Password>
		</http:authorization>

However, this is not working and I am getting the error:"java.net.protocolException: Server redirected too many times (20)"

Does it seem like its an authentication problem or is it an issue of cxf trying to communicate with .asmx service. If I try from explorer then also this asmx page redirects to a different page the minute it starts loading?

Posted by Balazs Kollar <ba...@gmail.com>.
Yes I think :-)
The problem is that Java will not establish a connection, because it does
not trust the other party. Java will only trust the HTTP server on the other
side of the connection, if it is able to check the path of the site's
certificate, thus it originates from a trusted source.

Because of this you need to tell java that you trust the issuer of the other
site's certificate.

2008/9/30 Bazaj, Taru (IT) <Ta...@morganstanley.com>

> Thanks for replying... I am pretty new to this area so don't know much...
> But as far as I know if I have included the certs file location in the
> spring config file of my project there should not be any problem in picking
> it up...
>
> Do you still think I have to configure Java security to be able to
> establish a https connection..?
>
> Thanks!
> Taru
>
> Taru Bazaj
> Morgan Stanley | Technology
> Bldg. 5, Sector 30, Mindspace, Goregaon (West)
> Mumbai (Ex Bombay), 400 090
> Phone: +91 22 6641-0281
> Taru.Bazaj@MorganStanley.com

I think that this problem is not CXF related. You have to configure Java security, so javax.net.ssl.HttpsURLConnection will be able to establish a HTTPS connection.

Posted by Balazs Kollar <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi,